15040 Conference Center Dr.
Chantilly, VA 20151
3. A Note About Children. The Services are not intended for use by users under the age of 18. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to us and we learn of such information, we will attempt to delete such information as soon as possible.
5. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name and government-issued e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data, including aggregated and de-identified data, that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, location, government-issued employee ID number, government e-mail address, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- We will also collect data relating to the hardware devices (i.e., laptop and scanner) that you use to access and use, or otherwise in connection with, the Services.
- If you use our Services on your government-issued or government-approved mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either reinstall the Application or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- We collect and retain information that you upload to the Services, such as images, files, and messages that you upload using the Services and/or store using your Account. When you scan an image using the NoteShark-approved scanner, we will collect metadata, such as the date of the scan and upload, and other information relating to that image, such as serial numbers of the scanned currency, electronic copies of the scanned currency, and the name of your employer (i.e., government agency).
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
We do not collect Personal Data automatically, but we may tie the information that we collect automatically to Personal Data about you that we collect from other sources (including public sources) or that you provide to us.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to provide the Services. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- provide the Services;
- send you administrative e-mail or mobile push or SMS notifications;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; or
- coordinate with and provide government agencies with information relating to the movement and transfer of currency.
(b) Feedback. We welcome feedback about our Services. We occasionally publish such content. We will not publish your name in connection with the feedback.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to create statistics and derivative insights based on the information we collect from you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and to sell and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties without restriction, provided that such Anonymous Data will not include any Personal Data, including your name.
(a) Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including, as applicable, other government agencies.
(b) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to NoteShark. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by NoteShark.
(f) Other Disclosures. We may also disclose your Personal Data, to fulfill the purpose for which your provide it; for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide it; or with your consent.